Monday 25 June 2012

"Toolbox" 30th Birthday Cake

This was a my "toolbox" 30th birthday cake I created for a good friend. My 3rd attempt at creating and decorating a cake.
What a challenge I had set myself!  There were definitely a few tantrums over this one, not just from my 16 month old bub either! Hi my name is Tiffany and welcome to my world, I've decided to share with anyone and everyone (and quite possibly no one!) my love of creating beautiful food.
I thought it would be cute to have a simple birthday message.

 Although I set out to blog just about food , recipes and locally sourced produce, I gave it a bit of thought and after struggling to write anything that didn't mention my family and our busy, chaotic lives I decided, this should not be a struggle and I was doing something wrong.  This is when I realized that the love I have for creating food isn't exclusive to food, it's also about my family and the people I love, it's all one big package for me, so naturally I have to share that love and the stories that come with it.
The nails were a last minute decision, I think that it brought it all together.


Food is something that has always been a big part of my life, I find it strange and uncomfortable when I find myself talking to someone that doesn't have the same appreciation, though, I can quickly find something else to chatter away about with anybody and still enjoy the conversation thoroughly, the connection isn't the same as when I find another foodie to talk to, that's when sparks really fly, if you're reading this then you are a fellow foodie also and I'm sure you know what I'm rambling about!

A special moment I captured.  My boys. My life.

On that note, I'm going to sum up my first post by saying thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy reading about my life, the challenges that first time motherhood sets upon me and the adoring love I have for my growing family and the food I create for them.


Tiff x


No comments:

Post a Comment