Sunday 1 July 2012

Chocolate cupcakes with Lindt chocolate buttercream

Hello my names Tiffany and I'm a chocoholic... My ultimate weakness is Lindt...anything Lindt. It's my answer to anything, bad day? Lindt. Toddler tantrum in the supermarket? Lindt. ( for him and me - works like a charm). period pain? Lindt. When it's on sale I buy in bulk ( oh god! I'm getting a real reality check as I write this - think I have a problem here! ) You get the idea. I love chocolate.

To continue my chocolatey indulgence this week I whipped up some of these gorgeous little numbers

 

They are amazing, the balance of flavor is perfect, between the delicate fluffy cake and the silky Lindt chocolate buttercream. It's an indulgence you desserve, go on, give it a go!

Chocolate cupcakes with lindt chocolate buttercream

Cupcakes

125g caster sugar

125g plain flour

125g butter softened

1 teaspoon baking powder

2 eggs
2tablespoons coa coa
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 tablespoons milk

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 180°c ( 170°c fan forced)
  2. Cream butter and sugar until light in color
  3. Add dry ingredients, eggs and vanilla; beat until combined
  4. Add milk and beat for 2 minutes
  5. Divide the mixture amongst a 12 pattycake lined tin.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops spring back to touch.
 

 

Lindt chocolate buttercream

1 cup unsalted butter softened

2 1/2 cups pure icing sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

100g lindt dark chocolate - melted and slightly cooled

 

Method:

  1. Using the wire whisk attachment on your stand mixer, whip the butter for 5 minutes on medium high setting, stopping to scrape the bowl occasionally.
  2. Reduce speed to low, gradually add the icing mixture, once all the icing sugar has been incorporated increase speed to medium high and add the vanilla. Gradually add the melted chocolate and whip at high speed until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as needed to incorporate all the chocolate.
 

Note: You can store cupcakes in airtight container for up to 3 days. Store buttercream in refrigerator and bring to room temperature and re-whip before icing. 

 




 

 

 




 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment