Tuesday 17 July 2012

Super quick biscuits

 

Yesterday was a great day... So far today is the opposite... You know that song from Alanis Morrisett"isn't it ironic" ( if you don't know this song you need to, it's a bit of awesomeness) thats my background music in my head, every time I start feeling sorry for myself this music pops into my head and I imagine myself standing in the rain singing it. I know, dramatic right?! That's just me.

Today im the definition of ironic in a mummy/ housewife kinda way. From walking out the door forgetting to even look in the mirror, waiting in line at the post office to get to the end and realize I didn't Bring my I.D. After waiting in the line for the 2nd time my 17mth old pulls out my bra from the nappy bag ( note to self this toddler is capable of unzipping and zipping bags now). I must find a way to stop him from trying to wear my underwear as a hat... Perhaps I need to find a way to not be so amused by it, I suspect he does it to make me laugh, well I wasn't laughing this time!

It's funny how quickly/ dramatically my days can change being a Mum. No doubt my 17mth old can change even more dramatically ( yesterday he was all smiles & giggles, and today I only have to look at him sideways and he screams!)

Needless to say I haven't been feeling very "super mummyish" today, I was in desperate need of a cooking Sesh to lighten my spirits, minus the cleanup... Something to go with a nice strong coffee. These bickies are delicious, as I write this the smell of cinnamon is caught in the breeze and I'm instantly relaxed and ready to take on my afternoon chaos of dog walking, house cleaning, dinner cooking & bath time tantrums!

But for now, I might just have another bickie...

 

 

Quick mix biscuits recipe from Super food ideas via taste.com.au

80g butter, melted, cooled

1/2 cup caster sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1/2 cup sultanas

1/2 cup plain flour

1/2 cup self-raising flour

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
  2. Combine butter and sugars in a bowl. Mix in egg and sultanas. Sift flours, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda over mixture. Stir until just combined. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm.
  3. Place small spoonfuls of mixture onto trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on trays for 10 minutes, then place onto a cooling rack.
Note: You can virtually add whatever you like to this recipe, I often add dried cranberries, walnuts, golden syrup, depending on what I feel like! The recipe on the site also includes chocolate drizzled, I feel it defeats the purpose of being quick so I didn't include it.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Your photos are beautiful and so is your food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so kind! Thank you so much, you have just made my day :) p.s I'm having another bikkie now, soon good!

      Delete